UC Santa Cruz
Data Warehouse Services Analyst
JOB #: 1707181
Full Time; Career
Starting Salary Range: $4,258 – $7,433. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Involves technology-based analysis of business practices, processes and problems; developing solutions which may involve process design, data and information architecture, software development and policy or procedural changes; creating specifications for systems to meet requirements; validating requirements against needs; designing details of automated systems; developing user interface design; planning and executing unit integration and end-user acceptance testing; may develop training materials for system implementation. May lead cross-functional teams to solve complex business or systems issues.
Under the general supervision of the Data Warehouse Manager, the Data Warehouse Services Analyst supports our approximate 1,200 Info View users, through communication and training, information development projects, data administration, and other services.
The Office of Planning and Budget’s Data Management team oversees and supports campus data warehouse services in partnership with Information Technology Services. Over the past more than 20 years, the campus data warehouse has grown and matured in response to campus-wide reporting needs across more than 35 subject-areas from more than 50 data sources. Reports available through the reporting tool Info View (SAP Business Objects), both standard and ad hoc, are widely used on campus for both daily operational information and longitudinal trend analysis. The topical areas of reporting are varied and include enterprise system reporting, such as financial operations, personnel and payroll, academic information, giving and donations, campus facilities, etc., as well as unit-specific operations such as dining point of sale, purchasing turn-time, equipment management ,etc.
For more information about Data Management’s services, please see https://datamgmt.ucsc.edu
• Knowledge of business practices/processes in at least one relevant general subject-matter area.
• Excellent data analysis and data administration skills adequate to learn multiple subject-matter areas, define data elements, identify data quality and data usability issues, develop test plans and implement them, communicate issues or propose corrective action, and support users. Experience analyzing business and needs and creating high level and detailed written specifications or proposed plans to meet those needs, considering cost/benefit/risk.
• Experience preparing or writing reports for a wide range of audiences using an enterprise report writing tool (Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Cognos, Hyperion, Tableau, etc.). Ability to understand vague or changing requirements and translate them into reports or graphs. Ability to advise users in appropriate data or report writing practices to meet their self-service reporting needs.
• Experience providing or ability to provide user support or customer support including: excellent interpersonal, listening, and communication (written and oral) skills; analytic skills sufficient to identify issues, recommend courses of action, implement actions plans, and evaluate results; tracking issues; knowing when to escalate issues; and follow up.
• Experience in working independently, with proven ability to take initiative and the capacity for self-direction and self-correction, as well as working collaboratively as part of a team. Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills. Able to learn effectively.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 07/02/2017
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application: https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69882
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. A computer is available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center (SVC), 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.