UC Santa Cruz
Media Systems Engineer
Information Technology Services (its.ucsc.edu)
JOB #: 1707211
Full Time; Career
Starting Salary Range: $33.45-$35.70/hourly. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Working independently under the general supervision of the Manager of the Engineering Unit, the incumbent designs, develops, fabricates, installs, maintains, repairs, aligns and calibrates complex electronic media devices and systems installed throughout the UCSC campus in general assignment classrooms, distance education facilities, the cable television system and similar installations. The incumbent also collaborates with the Manager of the Engineering Unit in the design of such facilities, which includes researching available components, technologies and practices, evaluating them for their suitability to given tasks, and adapting them to the task at hand.
The incumbent serves frequently as work leader in a team environment, prioritizing and assigning work to other technicians, striving to provide outstanding customer service in a timely fashion, and communicating regularly and effectively with customers, stakeholders and colleagues.
Working at UCSC puts you in the center of a world class hub of teaching and research, in a setting of incredible natural beauty, with a team of dedicated, professional colleagues. Information Technology Services (ITS) at UC Santa Cruz offers the campus a wide range of systems and services that support instruction, research and operations.
- We are a group of enthusiastic people who produce extraordinary results.
- We value a workplace where individuals know that they can truly make a difference.
- We value people who care about each other, the quality of our services, and the satisfaction of our customers.
Come work with us! We’re looking for bright and energetic people who want to make a difference.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability in designing, installing and maintaining complex electronic multimedia and audiovisual systems.
- Experience, ability and skills necessary to quickly and successfully troubleshoot electronic devices to the component level.
- Extensive knowledge of presentation facilities design.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to nontechnical individuals of various backgrounds and education, in both daily operations and in user training.
- Broad knowledge of electronics theory and technology.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 06/21/2017
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. A computer is available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center (SVC), 100 Enterprise Way, Suite 100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.