IT Project Analyst
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
Sparrow Analytics, Project Management and Technology division is a team of enterprising critical thinkers who enjoy solving problems and improving process and systems in healthcare – a field which serves an important public purpose.
Our department supports all aspects of the health system: administration, business intelligence, clinical, facilities, finance, human resources, informatics, insurance, patient care, project management, supply chain and technology. Our IT team has a variety of curricular and professional backgrounds and has a desire for meaningful work, career advancement and real responsibility. The team shares a passion for systems and design thinking, analytics, optimization and process improvement.
The Project Analyst provides important research, analytic and operational support toward the delivery of IT projects. Project Analysts track project related budgets, perform financial forecasting, manage purchasing, and design and create project and portfolio level reports to assist project managers and the PMO. In addition, this role will assist with IT project assessments to enable an efficient intake, assessment and prioritization processes.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Conduct initial project assessments for Information Technology projects while leveraging the IT PMO tools, templates and processes.
- Evaluate and analyze continuous improvement initiatives for the IT PMO.
- Assists with executing IT PMO communication plan for centralized communications from the PMO.
- Analyzes IT PMO effectiveness through Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting on various metrics as defined by executive leadership.
- Supports delivery of centralized project management services including but not limited to project related procurement, issue/risk reporting, schedule and milestone management, project financial management and PMO communication management.
- Assists in managing enterprise view and interdependencies between projects and programs to achieve business objectives. Assists project managers with mitigation of risks related to project interdependencies.
- Administrator for the IT PMO’s PPM tool and provides recommendations for tool enhancements.
- Acts as the central point of contact for stakeholders’ project related inquiries or requests.
- Collaborates with project managers and other members of the PMO to maintain the PPM tool.
- Analyzes project information and patterns to identify opportunities for process improvements to ensure deliverables are completed and comply with the IT PMO methodology.
- Provides PPM tool training to new IT users as a part of the onboarding process.
- Provides support through periodic on-call rotation and go-live/variable evening hours for project related work
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
Candidates please note: A series of assessments are a required part of the consideration process for all positions in the IT Department.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: