GREAT OPPORTUNITY! Join Sparrow Health System and improve the health of the people in our communities by providing quality, compassionate care to everyone, every time. We are currently seeking experienced, caring and compassionate Service Techs to support our offices.
Position location: St. Johns, MI
General Purpose of Job:
This position is responsible for the prompt delivery of appropriate durable medical equipment, supplies and related services to customers and clients of Sparrow Medical Supply. This position also instructs customers and clients on the correct usage of the delivered product; troubleshoots and repairs equipment on-site when possible and performs on-call services for the Company according to established guidelines.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- When order is received, selects appropriate product from warehouse shelf; loads product into company delivery truck and delivers to customer. Determines priority deliveries.
- Installs product for customer, if appropriate, and instructs customer and/or caregiver on product’s use based on written instructions and/or manual.
- Insures customer and/or caregiver understands how to use product by having customer/caregiver demonstrate product’s use. Insures written work instructions are left with customer/caregiver, if applicable.
- Maintains a daily log of time and location of deliveries.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance (cleans and performs operational checks) on home medical equipment as scheduled.
- Acts as liaison between Company and customer, customer’s family and caregiver.
- Assists in the cleaning and disinfecting of equipment and delivery vehicles.
- Maintains warehouse by cleaning equipment, restocking shelves and transfilling oxygen tanks, as required.
- Enters all applicable patient information into TIMS system, as required.
- Educates customers on Patient/Client Bill of Rights and Responsibilities of the Patient/Client and, if applicable, ensures customer is advised of payment due.
- Adheres to Corporate Compliance Policies, including but not limited to current Medicare guidelines.
- Subject to on call rotation schedule.
General Requirements – Current Michigan Chauffeurs driver’s license
Work Experience – Previous experience at Home Medical Equipment company preferred
Education – High School diploma or GED.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills – Ability to be trained on use of oxygen trans filler and oxygen analyzer Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Demonstrated people-sensitive characteristics with a genuine desire to help others.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: